JANUARY UPDATES: Please contact us for the latest position on examiner availability.
- Otterton Neighbourhood Plan (East Devon) pending submission (Examiner: Jill Kingaby).
- Clotton Hoofield Neighbourhood Plan (Cheshire West and Chester) pending submission (Examiner: TBC).
- Over Peover Neighbourhhood Plan (Cheshire East) pending submission (Examiner: TBC).
- Bletsoe Neighbourhood Plan (Bedford) pending submission (Examiner: Wendy Burden).
- Taverham Neighbourhood Plan (Broadland) pending submission (Examiner: Derek Stebbing).
- Greater Carpenters Neighbourhood Plan (London Legacy Development Corporation) examination in progress (Examiner: Andrew Mead).
- Chinnor Neighbourhood Plan Review (South Oxfordshire) examination in progress (Examiner: Derek Stebbing).
- Portland Neighbourhood Plan (Dorset) examination in progress (Examiner: Mary O'Rourke).
- Southwater Neighbourhood Plan (Horsham) hearing scheduled for 28 February 2020 (Examiner: Derek Stebbing).
- Camley Street Neighbourhood Plan (Camden) examination in progress (Examiner: Jill Kingaby)
- Arne Neighbourhood Plan (Dorset) examination in progress (Examiner: Jill Kingaby).
- Histon and Impington Neighbourhood Plan (South Cambridgeshire) examination in progress (Examiner: Bob Yuille).
- Warfield Neighbourhood Plan (Bracknell Forest) examination in progress (Examiner: Jill Kingaby).
- Wareham Neighbourhood Plan (Purbeck) examination in progress (Examiner: Bob Yuille).
- Several local authorities have now put in place formal contracts with IPe to provide examiners for all their neighbourhood plans.
- For more updates please see the 'Recent Examinations' section below.
A Proportionate Approach
We fundamentally understand that the assessment of the basic conditions of a neighbourhood plan is set in a wholly different context to assessing the soundness of a local plan. It is absolutely essential that your examiner recognises that the bar for meeting the 'basic conditions', and certain other legal matters, is quite different to the rigour of meeting the local plan soundness requirements. Similarly there is no role for other material considerations.
Experienced Examiners with full Office Team Support
Unlike local plans, the appointment of the examiner is made by the local planning authority in agreement with the qualifying body. You will need to be satisfied that your chosen examiner is independent and has appropriate experience and qualifications. The examiner must also have no interest in any land that may be affected by the proposed plan.
You may have full confidence that our RTPI member Neighbourhood Plan examiners are properly assessed for each appointment to meet these requirements.
IPe examiners are fully supported by an office team who are conversant with the Neighbourhood Planning system and will manage the efficient flow of communications and documents throughout the examination.